Seriously? Where did the month go!!!
I actually feel really good about January. I challenged myself in a lot of ways, and I LOVE that I made a goal list for the month. This is definitely a project I could see myself continuing all year long, for a few reasons.
* It's fun to make goals.
* It's even funner (?) to keep goals.
* It makes the time pass slower. This is a tricky one. But honestly, I often found myself checking in, slowing down, and reviewing my goal list. Probably about once a day. Reminding myself of what I wanted, and what I had to do that day to achieve it. It wasn't easy, because there were times when I certainly would have rather napped or spent MONEY! But the more rewards I began to notice, the more things crossed off my list, the lower the credit card statement number, the easier it became.
So let's check in, shall we?
Here is my January to*do list!
* one new painting [I'm keeping this number low from now on. Quality, not quantity.] --done! but not yet blogged about.
* two books from my list --done! I read almost four. Little Bee, Look Again, The Giver, and I'm halfway through The Coldest Winter Ever. You can read my book reviews here.
* three new items listed in the shop [again, quality over quantity.] --I listed and relisted a bunch of agenda books, which are still available for free shipping if you're trying to get organized. I also listed the painting and print for my new Wizard Of Oz inspired painting that I shared on Saturday! :)
I also listed over eighty items in my virtual closet sale.
* four [once weekly] friend dates --yes! a lot more than four :) we all went to dinner, dancing, crafted, and just enjoyed one another's company.
* send five cards, letters, or thank you notes --done! easy peasy and it made me and them feel really good.
* pick & choose the top SIX craft fairs of the year and only vend at those [remember my resolution : simplify ?] --done! not yet blogged about.
* lose eleven pounds --not done. I found myself wanting to rush through the other things on my list and procrastinating in other areas (ahem). But I did still exercise and eat healthy most of the time, so that's a good thing. I think I lost three pounds :)
* become an official RMHI --done! I completed my (huge) application to become a registered mental health intern (this is the name for a therapist between her masters program and licensure.)
* website redesign --done! Thanks to Leah. I can't get enough of that girl. Next step? Blog redesign with Amy. I won a free package from her awesome giveaway!
* find a great fulltimewithbenefits job --sort of done! I gained a lot more patients and hours at my current job, working almost every day. and I also picked up a weekend job working at the Flea Market!
* revamp closet [see resolution : style] --I totally cleared everything that I didn't wear on a very regular basis out of my closet and listed it in my new blog. It was amazingly freeing, and I plan on writing more about it in another post. But needless to say, my closet looks GOOD.
* work my way through my new book "Daring to Be Yourself" --I quickly realized that this isn't the kind of book you sit and read in one day. It's more of a textbook, I like to read it in excerpts and take bits and pieces from it when I need some style inspiration. So this won't be a monthly goal-- this will be more like an ongoing goal.
* take care of my car -- done! I had it completely checked out, cleaned, and replaced and fixed everything that needed replacing and fixing. My senior citizen baby runs like a dream.
* send birthday cards to all my January friends & family. -- done! I either called or sent a card.
* collect & attempt some crockpot recipes --lastly, the only one I didn't get to! I guess it fell least on my priorities list. I'll definitely get to it eventually.
I've also been reminding myself of my yearly resolutions and working towards those at the same time. Read about those here.
seriously... go me! I feel so proud and accomplished. I've already got February's list in the works, and I'll share it tomorrow.
I would love to hear how you're doing with your goals, and I hope to give you a litle inspiration with mine.
one more thing. I've been keeping an eye on my website counter to see when it hit 100,000 (this seems like such a large round number!) and I just checked and it's at 102,213! and probably only like half of those are my mom (har,har)
Sooo thanks for stopping by! :)